The settlement of the Town of Andover began in 1640 and was incorporated as Andover in 1646. The community was split into the North Parish, North Andover and the South Parish, now Andover in 1709 and North Andover was incorporated as a separate entity in 1855.
There are several historical sites, including the North Andover Historical Society the Davis and Furber Mills, and the Stevens Coolidge Place, owned by the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities. Harold Parker State Forest is one of the oldest in the state forest and park system and has more than 25 miles of trails and wood roads and eleven ponds. The Lawrence Airport with daily connections to Boston and beyond is located in North Andover.
In addition to a fine public school system, North Andover is home to St. Michael's Grammar School, Brooks High School, Merrimack College, and the North Andover Campus of Northern Essex Community College. Many churches are located in North Andover; St. Michael's, St. Paul's, the Trinitarian Congregational, North Parish, First Calvary Baptist, First United Methodist, and the Chapel at Merrimack College.
The Stevens Estate at Osgood Hill and North Andover Country Club offer beautiful facilities on breath-taking grounds.
Ashland Farm, Edgewood Retirement, Prescott House, and Sutton Hill Nursing Home offer senior nursing facilities.
Conte Funeral Home and Breen Funeral Home service the North Andover community.